This conversation is all about anxiety and how you can best talk about it with your teen girl. The three talking points include:
- Anxiety is normal.
- Feeling anxious is a normal emotion
- Sometimes you need professional help
- There are purposes and benefits to anxiety
- Anxiety is not permanent
- Emotions are like waves, not fires.
- Learning to recognize it, accept it, and go through it
- Ways to manage anxiety
- Many ideas on how parents can help teens manage anxiety
- Adolescent Girls and Anxiety https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/adolescent-girls-and-anxiety
- Anxiety and Depression in Adolescence https://childmind.org/report/2017-childrens-mental-health-report/anxiety-depression-adolescence/
- 5 Ways to Deal With Anxiety (For Teens) https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/anxiety-tips.html
- Anxiety in Teens: What It Is & How To Help https://raisingchildren.net.au/pre-teens/mental-health-physical-health/stress-anxiety-depression/anxiety
- Anxiety and Teen Girls https://www.apa.org/research/action/speaking-of-psychology/anxiety-teen-girls
- Overcoming Anxiety, Jonas Kolker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1anXJhVamc